Student accommodation from the #1 flatshare site
10,476,473 registered users! SpareRoom has a huge choice of Rooms for Rent and Flatmates across the UK
As featured by The Sun
*** Note: room 1 and room 2 share a kitchen, room 3 is becoming a bedsit (ready first days of december) with access to communal spaces too. Covid friendly prices. ***
Kalyanaloka ("The Realm of Beauty") is a spiritual community which is the seat of
* Enlightenment Tea Temple - the only place where you can learn and practice Tea Ceremony with others in Europe
* Embodied Freedom - a complete system of "human health" that can be talked as trauma-informed spirituality or non-self informed therapy
You can really find peace here (perhaps enlightenment or even God too, if that's how you like to talk about it), I have and many others that have lived or visited here have too.
* The people you will meet (both visitors for Tea ceremony, authentic relating, other workshops and resident community) will be the other major asset of living here
"Kalyanaloka is a place for growth. I spent 6 months here and it had a profound effect on me, it's a place for transcendence.
Tea has opened a deeper path of contemplation
Thank you for every cup and moment Paolo"
Antonio Von Dias
this is just one testimonial, there are a lot more on the two websites listed above
You will be able to join all public events (that are not sold out), and private tea ceremonies/meditation (probably every morning) for a small token amount to pay for tea and other consumables (depending on which event)
* Already have a spiritual practice
* Are tidy and clean
* Really like quiet
* Are responsible for yourself (both financially and emotionally)
* Have space in your life to really take advantage of this opportunity
* Really want to contribute significantly to one of the three main projects going on here now:
- The allotment (borders the house)
- Metta (the golden retriever, see residents living here section)
- Enlightenment Tea Temple/Embodied Freedom
CURRENTLY LIVING HERE
* Paolo/a, human (sort of)
32, mostly a Buddhist but not so attached to the label... lived in monasteries, retreat centres, bali, when I wasn't doing that I worked on and off as a software developer, now full time teaching tea and embodied freedom (both events and personal therapy sessions)
* Metta, golden retriever girl, 8 months
Pet therapy dog in training, during the day she's mostly with me (except when I'm away)
I have good reasons to believe the tibetan buddhist phowa ("reincarnation ritual") I've done on my previous dog worked and Metta has joined me once again.... whatever it is, she's a real asset to the community here
* Vajra, white kitten, 8 months
He does what he wishes really, but he's soo friendly. hangs out with people a lot. Purrrr
Bills are around Â£80-Â£100
Cleaning service (for common areas, when not in lock down) Â£10-Â£20
Room 1 - single but with extra storage in hallway, beautiful sea views
Room 2 - double, kingsize bed, beautiful sea views
Room 3 - BEDSIT, kingsize bed (or none if you prefer), some allotments views
Tucked at the end of a close on top of the county hospital, it's very quiet but on a steep hill.
There are stunning walks and very easy access to the downs, probably the best location to be both close to brighton centre and the green
Read the whole ad.
Please send me a message with answers to these questions:
* what attracts you about living here?
* what can you give to others (including which project you'd like to contribute to mainly)?
* what makes you feel the most alive?
* history of any spiritual (or therapy/body/art/etc) practice you've been doing
You will meet the other residents at least twice, ideally more - and at least once for a full tea ceremony
First step probably a video call with me.
and if at the moment this is not quite right for you well that's ok, you're reading this so perhaps you'd like to come for a tea ceremony (probably on sunday mornings)
I look forward to meet you,
To EMAIL or PHONE the advertiser, please scroll up this page - there is a box entitled "Contact the advertiser". You can call or email from there.
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, e.g.: